Saturday, February 3, 2018

Inspired By All The Little Things #79 Featuring Dana Seymour

Hello Veronica here and welcome to Inspired By All The Little Things! This is a bi-weekly inspiration challenge blog and each month we feature a wonderful designer who inspires us as an artist! It's February and that means it is time to get your pink and red ink! This is the inspiration I chose for our bi-week challenge:

SO many possibilities!

I invited someone I've admired for many years, her cards are so beautiful and perfectly balanced, Dana Seymour!




I asked Dana to share a bit about herself...



1. What is the name of your blog? When and why did you start it?



 I started blogging 11 years ago in January of 2007 after realizing that I loved the social sharing format of a blog. I called it Kismet, Art, & Life. 



2. What is your style of card making?



Eclectic. I never stick with one particular style! 
There are so many unique supplies out there and they all inspire me in different ways. I can and will create anything from CAS to Artsy to Shabby chic. 
It depends on the stamps and the person for whom the card is intended.

3. Who inspires you as a designer?

Oh goodness, SO many. The first that come to mind are Laurie Schmidlin, Debbie Hughes, Karen Baker, and Viola Mahr. 

4. What sort of things inspire you as a card maker? Photos? Sketches? Other designers?

I can find inspiration just about anywhere. Sometimes in nature, frequently in cloth/material designs, and always on Pinterest.
I enjoy working with sketches or color swatches as well as images.  

5. Share something about yourself that we may not know?

I'm a real foodie and a passionate cook. I always have something creative happening in my kitchen. As a vegetarian for the past 23 years I've inspired many palates with an array of vegetables and grains. In college I started my own catering company and was busy nearly every weekend. Even now, outside of my regular job, I cater weddings and other large events a few times a year for special requests.

  Here is Dana's card using this week's inspiration!



From Dana, "There is something about old bicycles that just warms my heart...pun intended. And I guess you can see I was inspired by the colors; that red polka dot package tied with the green ribbon and the touch of brown from the basket jumped out at me."

Here is the card I created for the challenge:

                        I was inspired by the brick wall, polka dots, and the bicycle!




The challenge designers have also created a card for this week's inspiration! These ladies just inspire me SO much!!! I hope you will play along with us this week! We would love to have you join us!

Kimberly Lackenbach
I was inspired by the bicycle and the color red.

LauraJane 
Inspired by all the hearts and the almost hidden bike.

Leigh Penner 

Marcie Sharp
 Sharp Designs
Marcie was inspired by the red and white polka dot parcel and the greenery hanging from the bike with the hearts dangling from it. 

Sheri Gilson
Sheri was inspired by all the sweet little hearts.

Silke Ledlow

Silke was inspired by the polka dots, the hearts and the colors.


Wanda Cullen

Wanda was inspired by the bicycle and flowers.

We hope you will play along with us!


The linky will close on Friday, February 16th  at 11:55am. (PST)

Some simple rules to keep things organized and enjoyable:
  • Please use the graphic for your post and link back to this post.
  • Any posts that are offensive will be removed.
  • Please comment on the submissions of others...we all love the support!
  • Yes you can combine with other challenges but NOT other inspiration challenges please.
  • Have fun and challenge yourself!


SaveSave

4 comments:

  1. What a great inspiration photo - made for some amazing cards with the bicycles added in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun inspiration photo and fantastic cards from the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see Dana featured here! Pretty inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete